Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Fall Felt Leaves Tutorial


Sometimes you just want to decorate with a splash of leaves for fall.  I came across quite a few scrap pieces of felt and thought, "Hmmm, I could do something with this."  I've always loved the look of embroidered felt and decided it was time to try.

Materials
Felt
Embroidery Floss
Scissors
Hot Glue
One Sheet of Cardstock and a Pencil


1.  Create a template.  I found a drawing through GoogleImages and sketched it out on a piece of cardstock.  It makes the perfect template.
2.  Use your template to cut out your top level leaves.
3.  Match up with your secondary colors.  Looks great!  **DO NOT ATTACH YET**
4.  Stitch  your leaf veins on to your top leaf.  Do not stitch through to the base felt.
5.  Glue the top leaf onto the base felt.
6.  Cut out around the leaf leaving about 1/4" around the edges.
I love the way these turned out.  I've used them to adorn a table top and the top of my mantle.  Quick, easy and durable.

Happy Fall!!!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
Blogging tips